I completely forget how to use this thing, is there not a way to open a new outline?

i completely forget how to use this thing, is there not a way to open a new outline?

if not i cant use it for what i was thinking of using it for

also has there been a way to keep bullet points on lines with text and hide them on empty blank lines? it’s one of the difficult things that makes this thing hard to use

1 Like

By “open a new outline” do you mean a new document? Because if so, you can click the plus symbol (+) in your upper left-hand pane, right by “My files”.
Ex.:

also has there been a way to keep bullet points on lines with text and hide them on empty blank lines? it’s one of the difficult things that makes this thing hard to use

I don’t quite get what you mean, the bullet points will always be there to mark the presence of an item/line whether empty or otherwise. You can edit the bullet to be a numbered list or checklist, etc. But there’s no removing the bullet unless you delete the line in its entirety (i.e.: Ctrl+Shift+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Backspace)

hmm… i guess both things can considered an outline

but i def dont mean ‘a new doc’

i cant think of a good analogy right now, but the outline is on the left side under ‘my files’

i can’t really use this for anything cos there’s just too much cluttered & stuff

i want a new outline

and no, i dont want to make a new account cos that’s a huge pain to log in and log out

whereas on os-level software, we dont have to log in or out

yes it seems you get exactly what i mean, and there currently seems like there’s no way to do what was asked