Google Chrome fail to display date & time format "relative"

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

Open Google Chrome 76.0.3809.132

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Item with date & time show relative format

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Some recurring dates show relative format (ex. in 2 months, every 4 months)
Some recurring dates do not show relative format (ex. Mon, September 23rd 2019, every month)
All non-recurring dates show a non-relative format (ex. Fri, September 20th 2019)

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?

Windows 10
Google Chrome 76.0.3809.132

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Desktop app still shows relative format.
iOS app still shows relative format.

Additional comments

Thereā€™s a new setting called ā€œDate display formatā€, please put ā€œrelativeā€ in there as well. That should fix it, I think. Let me know if it doesnā€™t!

Nope. It was fixed when I first entered, but after refresh it returned to the default format.

I canā€™t repro, sorry. I tried both refreshing the page and opening another document. Does your setting look like this?

It is exactly like that. I also did a clear browsing data in case the previous configuration conflicts with the new one. And it was still fixed if I delete the date display format and re-entered, but after refresh, it returned to the default format.

I also have the following settings related to the date (update - I changed all those setting, but the format had no effect). Thanks for the help and have a great weekend.

Time format - 24-hour clock
First day of week - Monday
Show timezone - uncheck
Highlight overdue - check

Update_2 - I just discovered any items without time showing default format.
Example:
Tax !(2020-04-15 | 1y) - show Wed, April 15th 2020, every year
Tax !(2020-04-15 07:00 | 1y) - show in 7 months, every year

We just released a fix ā€“ could you refresh and see if the issue persists?

Yes, it works now. Thanks for the fix.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, KC!