Google Calendar Add-on

In Google Calendar there is a pane on the right that can slide out. Viewable in there are add-ons like Google Keep and Google Tasks. Both are quite minimally functional compared to Dynalist. Could Dynalist make an add-on so that my Dynalist could appear as a pane beside the calendar? I try doing this now by opening Dynalist in a separate window, but it is unusefully fiddly as I switch between windows to constantly have to call my list back up, and is a serious hindrance to my workflow. Thanks for considering!

2 Likes

How different is that from having a narrow Dynalist window open alongside your Google Calendar window, if I may ask?

For me, it is all about the speed and efficiency of my workflow.

1. Setup: Getting Dynalist and Calendar open and re-sized is clunky and time-consuming.
  2. Chrome only lets me narrow a window to about 1/4 of the width of the monitor. The list items I am using would only need 1/8 the screen, and being unable to narrow down means less room for the calendar, which I need to have as much screen real estate for as possible.
  3. Perhaps most impactful for me is that my workflow involves lots of open windows and lots of shuffling between them. It is easy to lose track of where the calendar is and where my list is, and I frequently find my attention shifting to the task of seeking these two windows, and I end up forgetting why I went looking for them in the first place. Having them in a single window eliminates that workflow barrier.

Right now Dynalist is my primary organizer, but on heavy days I find myself using one of the embedded add-ons to manage “burning issues”, and coming back to Dynalist at the end of the day to work these items back into my larger list. Dynalist is great as my primary organizational tool, but it would be great to eliminate the fiddly back-and-forth I find myself resorting to on busy days.

Thanks for considering!

1 Like

I see! Thanks a lot for the detailed reply, we’ll take it into consideration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, fingers crossed! :slight_smile:

Just quick heads up that Firefox has a Feature called Sideview which might do what you want but for alle websites not only google calendar.

Thanks, I’ll check that out!

1 Like

Also check out Vivaldi (a chrome based browser) with tiling support.

1 Like

Just checked out Vivaldi - the tiling takes a smidge of setup, but works remarkably better than two separate windows - thanks for the tip! I’ll have to play with the browser some more to see how it will handle the rest of my tasks. Still hoping for a Google add-on, but this is a work-around that goes a good step in the right direction in the near term.

2 Likes