Going "back" after clicking an internal link doesn't work

When I see a list of items and one of them is a internal link, and I donā€™t remember whatā€™s under that link, I click it.
I go ā€œaha, right, thatā€™s itā€ and click cmd + <-- to get back to my list of itemsā€¦ or thatā€™s what should happen (or that seems logical), but noā€¦ I end up in the mother category of the linked note and have a very hard time finding myself back to where I was.

Thatā€™s what I expect to happen as well. It seems like the shortcut is Cmd+LeftArrow to go back on MacOS. Does it not work correctly?

If youā€™re using the desktop app, thereā€™s also navigation buttons on the top left, which works in the exact same way as history back/forward on the browser.

For me, using Cmd+LeftArrow after having clicked on an internal link just makes the cursor jump to the left in the title

Oh youā€™re right! Cmd+Left does something different on MacOS, specifically itā€™s equivalent to the ā€œHomeā€ and ā€œEndā€ buttons on other OSā€™s, which jumps to beginning/end of the editable box.

I think we ran into this issue before, can you show me what it says on the app when you hover the back button on the top left? Hereā€™s what it looks like on my Windows machine:

Hmm I have a feeling we ran into this issue before. Last I remember the typical behavior on MacOS is if you use Cmd+Left it jumps to the beginning of the item, but only if you have a text cursor. If you press ESC to de-focus, Cmd+Left works as navigation. Is that the case for you?

I am having the same problem on the Windows app and I canā€™t seem to find the solution looking through the other questions here. Iā€™m sorry if I missed the solution somewhere else :frowning:

To recap, in the middle of my page, I have a link to another item in another page. When I try to return from the linked item by clicking the left arrow at the top-left of the page, I return to the top of the original pageā€¦but not to the location of the link.

How can I make it so I return to directly to the location of the original link? Thanks :slight_smile:

I canā€™t reproduce this issue; tested in Windows 10 desktop app and Chrome. When I click the <- to navigate back, the app scrolls me back to where I was before clicking the link.

Any specific patterns as to what may be different in your testing?