Formatting Shortcut

Bringing the mouse cursor in the middle of a word (or anywhere in the word) and pressing a shortcut key to format it (CTRL-B, CTRL-I, etc.) does not result in the word being formatted.

Yes, unfortunately Dynalist’s formatting is based on markdown.

Markdown is rendered whenever you’re not focusing on an item. When you focus on an item, the plain text source behind the Markdown is displayed so that you can edit it.

You can read more about how Dynalist’s markdown works here: https://help.dynalist.io/article/90-formatting-reference

To format a word or sentence, you would need to highlight the entire word/sentence before applying the formatting (Ctrl+B or Ctrl+I).

I understand markdown, but maybe I wasn’t clear:

First, everything work as expected when I select certain letters inside a word: these letters become bold or italic. That’s good.

What I would like to see changed is the default behavior when bringing the cursor inside the word, but without selecting any particular letters. In such a case, I would like to see the whole word being wrapped with ** or __.

As it is now, bringing the cursor on a word without selecting any particular letters simply writes **** or ____ wherever the cursor is. I don’t really find this useful.

Not sure if I’m explaining this very well… :slight_smile:

If I am understanding you correctly, this thread is shaping up to be a feature suggestion more than a bug report. I will move this to the appropriate category.

Thank you!