[Feature Request] Option to Switch-off the Checkbox Strikethrough/Greying out

Especially useful for those who regularly use the same reoccurring checklist(s), and not as a disposable to-do list. :nerd_face:

Thank you for your consideration!

1 Like

Interesting, haven’t heard of this request if I remember correctly.

If you just want to for yourself, maybe I can provide you with the custom CSS to change it for your own Dynalist?

2 Likes

That’d be amazing if it’s possible!

But yeah, after reading The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande, I use (and reuse) them all the time now!

only kind of related but…

when I have something recurring I set a date for it and recurring period, so when I hit the “check off” hotkey, dynalist does not strike it, but rather increments the date to the next due date.

Here’s the custom CSS:

.Node.is-checked > .Node-self .Node-content, .Node.is-checked > .Node-self .Node-renderedContent {
	text-decoration: none !important;
	color: inherit !important;
}

The text-decoration rule is for removing the strike-through, and the color rule is for removing the greying out.

I hope that helps!

4 Likes

Works perfectly. Thanks @Erica! :pray:t3:

1 Like

Ohh, I was looking for a way not to grey out and strikethrough the checked checkboxes and now I’m learning the ability to customize Dynalist CSS, this is quite cool. :grinning:

Anyway, this requirement is more about workflow rather than style, so I vote here for a dedicated option rather than a trick: part of my flow is based on items being checked or not, but still useful for later discussions so they should be still fully readable. The CSS trick works but I wonder until when, and the moment it won’t work, my flow would be screwed.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Totally understand, but I think you don’t have to worry too hard about this. It will always be possible to do this trick. Even if there would be major changes to the codebase, there would be always the possibility to change this small thing in the stylesheet :slight_smile:

In general everything related to styling should be very easy changeable with the custom css feature.

2 Likes

Yep, like what @Philipp said.

You can always hop onto the forum to ask, the lovely community will usually help you find just the CSS rule to fix things :slight_smile:

1 Like