Dynalist & Obsidian

Well I guess this turned into quite the success

Do i see it correctly that this Obsidian made this Dynalist basically abandoned? I canā€™t see updates on blog, changelog, trello and even here on the forum since then.
Is Dynalist officially in a phase out/dead/maintenance status?

2 Likes

The label maintenance status for Dynalist seems accurate to me. Dynalist JS and CSS appear to have changed in March 2023 (six months ago), so somebodyā€™s pushing new code once in a while. Iā€™ve also seen occasional, brief server outages for Dynalist which were repaired quickly, so someone is still tending the servers too.

2 Likes

makes me hesitating on deciding whether to use it. I tend to prefer over workflowy but not sure if i would invest in something without stable future

Any app can bei abandonded and changed out of reason nowadays. Dynalist was stable over years and they are responsive and care about the server issues this year. I donā€™t think they will stop the services as it is pretty stable over times. But I would not expect any further feature development.

I tried workflowy and other productivity tools. I always come back to dynalist for task and information management and live planning. It just works clean and straight forward in combination with the app QuickDynalist.

Give it a try :ā -ā )

3 Likes

I just inserted it into Logseq and it works perfectly!

I would welcome a special Dynalist deal for Obsidian subscribers instead. Last month, I had to cancel my Dynalist subscription after 5 years, because I canā€™t afford to pay the full subscription price for maintainware thatā€™s no longer developed.

I am an active subscriber to both Obsidian Sync and Obsidian Publish, and theyā€™re great. If they gave folks like me, say, a 50% discount on Dynalist, I think I might resubscribe.

I still use Dynalist for some minor things which just wouldnā€™t work quite as well in Obsidian, but itā€™s a major pain in the a** to be using Dynalist as a free user. No customizable keyboard shortcuts. no quick item navigator, etc. etc., are severe showstoppers.

1 Like