Creating / Syncing Dated Events via the API?

Iā€™m having an issue with the Google Calendar sync when creating dated event nodes via the API.

I use CURL via a daily, scheduled batch script to add a new node with the current date as a string and then post a few child nodes that Iā€™d like to have synced to gCal.

This process works and the child nodes are created and look as expected so the syntax appears to be correct.

However, Iā€™ve been unable to get the events to sync to gCal without using the Date Picker.

Example:

{
"token": "INSERT TOKEN",
"file_id": "d9SKFd-vllSIKr3SsCkMgyNX",
"changes": [
    {
        "action": "insert",
        "parent_id": "KcT6qonCK3_kEZtj1wDtL4nc",
        "index": 0,
        "content": "Example !(2021-09-26 12:00 - 2021-09-26 12:15)",
        "note": "",
        "checked": "false",
        "checkbox": "false"
    }
]
}

If I manually manually interact/modify (?) with the modal date window, the event will show up on gCal as expected.

Is the only way to trigger an event sync to gCal to use the GUI? If so, are there any workarounds?

Also, are 15min increments supported? Iā€™ve tried the above with longer durations (30m or an hour) without luck.

Wow. Same here. sent ā€œtest1 !(2021-09-26)ā€ via curl. Even edited the item in dynalist. Then used date picker to add ā€œtest2 !(2021-09-26)ā€. then added ā€œtest3 !(2021-09-26)ā€ via curl with dynalist closed. So far only test2 has synced.

Guess you need to use the picker or the item never syncs to gcal. News to me. Iā€™d set the category to ā€œBugā€ if I were you.

It could be useful for purposely not syncing them - i.e. if you generate a list of dates for a calendar and donā€™t want a bunch of blank events in your gcal.

Ah yes, this is unfortunately an issue with the server right now because the text is only parsed client-side and it uses another endpoint to send up calendar events. Server side doesnā€™t actually have the logic to parse the item contents right now.

I donā€™t anticipate a fix for this anytime soon since itā€™s going to require a huge architectural change, sorry about that! We may offer a better way to accomplish this in the far future though.