Can't leave a shared document or folder

Steps to reproduce

1. Have someone share a document with you, privately.
  2. The document appears among your Dynalist documents.
  3. You no longer wants to see it for some reason.

Expected result

I should be able to leave the folder or document.

Actual result

Can’t leave the folder or document. Right click doesn’t give anything

Environment

Chrome on Windows, but it really doesn’t matter.

Additional comments

I guess this can be viewed as a feature request, but I still think it’s more of a bug that you can’t leave a document or folder. Knowing your email, someone could practically spam you by sending documents your way that you cannot delete… feels like buggy behavior, so I’m filing it as a bug.

1 Like

I haven’t tested this lately, but in the past, deleting shared media would be removed. So I guess it’s a bug.

You’re not able to delete it if you didn’t create the file yourself.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, but the bug addresses the case where someone else created a file and shared with it me, and now there’s no way for me to remove it from my list.

I tested this with three documents, and it seems as though this only applies to documents in which the user is provided with the view-only permission. If provided with the ability to edit or manage the documents, then the recipient can delete it from their end. I apologize for the confusion, as I haven’t had prior experiences with view-only documents.

Edit: Edited my message after it was replied to.

Oh really? Thanks for the discovery then! More information is always better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update: now fixed. 20 char.

1 Like