Bookmarks and Android app

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

I created a bookmark from the mobile site. Opening the bookmark from the browser works fine. If I add the bookmark to my Android desktop, the app opens (still ok). But subsequent attempts to use the shortcut from my desktop opens the app in whatever state it was left, not to the bookmarked location.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

The shortcut should either open the website consistently, or if the app is going to catch the intent, it should open to the bookmarked location consistently.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

The app is stuck in whatever state it was left. Without a close action, the app never really closes. When it is opened by bookmark, it opens to the state it was left.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Android tablet, Chrome browser, Dynalist 1.05

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Hi @Keith_Crone, sorry for the late reply.

Does the bookmarked URL contain the document id and item id information? If not, it will always go the last visited place. I think you may have bookmarked the base URL without pointer to the specific document and item.