Auto-search Default to All Documents?

When typing in the search box, it auto-searches the current document - before I hit enter. Is it possible to make Dynalist auto-search ALL documents instead of just the current document?

I’m aware that Control/Command-Enter searches all documents. I’m looking to tailor the behavior of the auto-search before I hit the terminator key.

Sorry, I don’t think there’s a way for doing that.

Doing a global search as the letter getting typed is too slow, as least that’s what we thought. For example, as you type in “e” as the first letter, imagine how many items across all your Dynalist document will be rendered.

Can you tell me a little more about why you need this? Are you trying to preview the results before jumping to the search result page?

Thank you for your reply. I use Dynalist for a to-do list, so it isn’t a terribly long search. Right now, I have personal items and employer items in the same list, and I was thinking of moving them into separate documents. Having to hit command-enter to search isn’t a deal killer. I can just ignore the auto-search results before I do that. As I saw them being populated, I just thought to myself, “I wonder if I can make those search both lists?”

I see!

If it’s a common search, bookmarking the global search result with the Star icon on the result page is an option. If what you search changes everyday, I’m afraid things will have to stay the way they are. Sorry!