Quick Dynalist - The native Android app for Dynalist

Just tried it out and it works great online and off! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! This is the quickest and easiest ways to get items into dynalist on Android

2 Likes

Yes. Worked offline for me too. Thanks.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you!
I am literally using the app every single day.

1 Like

I released another version! Items that are frequently used (i.e. have many child nodes) are now listed as alternative targets to your Inbox. Just use the spinner to select the alternative location.

Originally, I intended to list bookmarks there, but the current API does not expose bookmarks. If you think that would be a great feature, please leave a comment in this thread to extend the API.

5 Likes

We also implemented Google Assistant integration! Say “Add a note” or “Note to myself”.

2 Likes

New version!
Custom insert locations! Add the tag #quickdynalist, #inbox, or 📕 to items that should appear in the list of possible locations for insertion.

also see Quick send to multiple locations on android

3 Likes

It’s great how you are developing this. It’s floating to the top of my application list.

2 Likes

Nice one Louis! My post is now a bit redundant :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok (1) this is awesome, thank you!

(2) for me it was everything with this symbol (:open_book:) which came up in my list - I only found this out as I had used this in the past to indicate some random things (edit: just to be clear, this isn’t a problem for me, I just deleted them all)

2 Likes

Another big update. App redesign & advanced items with date, time & notes.

6 Likes

:open_mouth:

SICK

1 Like

This is so awesome Louis. Game changer.

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate your work. :+1:

One small thing…
Gmail inbox message urls are picked up as destinations as they contain #inbox

1 Like

Thank you. Can you please give me such a url as an example?

Every gmail message has its own url. I think the protocol is domain/user/account number/gmail label/unique identifier. If the message is given a different label, i.e. moved to a different folder in gmail, then the # would change but, #inbox would apply as long as it was in the Inbox. If the message is moved/relabelled the url would still point to the message though because of the unique identifier. Consequently, there’s no incentive to change the url if captured while it’s in the Inbox.

A sample url would be “https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#inbox/FMfcgxwBVMcnPzLRNsprRfGSjrMtJjNt

1 Like

Just a thought…

Could searching for " #inbox " rather than “#inbox” be a solution?

1 Like

A URL can also end in #inbox, thus I opted for searching for " #inbox" or “^#inbox” where ^ is the start of the string.
Update coming soon.

1 Like

Cheers :wink:

New feature is out: Quick inspection of elements in a #inbox

There have been quite a few changes – if you wanna try it out join the beta program
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.louiskirsch.quickdynalist

@pottster The #inbox bug is also fixed with the beta version.

My plans on the new quick item list are as follow:

• Swipe item to delete
  • Checkmark for checking off things
  • Click item to go into a new activity (view) which shows the children of that item and allows to insert items there
  • Drag and drop items to change order and drag items into others to make them a child of that item
  • Alternative I’ve been thinking about: Have one flat list, but use indentations to display depth

Let me know what you think and give me your ideas :wink:

Also: Implementing this is still a bit cumbersome with the current API. I would like to have these API features:

1. API for inserting items into document should return new item ids
  2. "Streaming" (or webhook) API

Fixing this would also be useful

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to fix this :slightly_smiling_face: