A bullet point is hidden after clicking Enter when working with bookmarked flatsearches

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

I have two bookmarked flat search results (Next Actions and Next Actions Work).
After clicking on any of these pages, I go to a task and want to create a new item inside. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It doesn’t give a bullet point after hitting Enter. Just a plain text. I suppose somehow it makes it hidden.

Also, keyboard shortcuts just don’t work in these cases. The only solution is to close the program and open it again.

It happens both in Chrome browser and Web App.

Here is a gif:

Here is a full video of how it happens: Video bug

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
I expect to have a bullet point appear and keyboard shortcuts to work.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?
No bullet point and no possible work. The solution is to restart the app.

Environment

Which operating system are you using?
Windows 10

Which browser are you using?
Chrome

If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?
Dynalist 1.4.5.

Are you using any third-party scripts for Dynalist, e.g. PowerPack?
No

Additional comments

Definitely seems broken here. And you’re saying it happens on both the desktop version and the web app right?

Could you check using the developer tools in Chrome whether there are red errors that appears when this happens?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, both Chrome and web app.

Depends on the document and content, it shows from 2 to 8 errors. Please check the screenshots.

It seems the messages repeat "Failed to execute ‘setBaseandExtent’ on ‘Selection’: There is no child at… (number)

That is indeed not something I’d expect to happen normally. Do you know exactly when the errors show up, as in, does it show up the moment you click somewhere or press some keys?

It seems it happens after I click on Flatsearches.

I have a bookmarked flat search (Next Actions). After clicking on it, these things usually occur.

Could you please check this link below. It shows how it happens from the beginning. Hope it helps.

Video bug

Will be fixed in an upcoming release.

1 Like

Thank you very much! :slight_smile: