2. Use Ctrl-O to navigate to document X

Expected result

Iā€™m zoomed out to the document title.

Actual result

Nothing.

Environment

Chrome on OS X

Rationale

• Because how else can I zoom back to the document title from my keyboard (easily)?
  • The behaviour of doing nothing wouldnā€™t be missed.

I guess it would be more a feature request, because the documents could be seen as programs one would switch around via alt-tab, if that makes sense. Not saying that itā€™s a bad idea, of course.

Also, if someone wanted to quickly grab something from one document and then return to the previous one, it might be a bit annoying to have to go back and zoom in. But I guess if thereā€™s a way to implement detecting which document the user is on, and then applying an additional action (zooming out), then we could both get what weā€™d want.

[quote=ā€œJP1, post:2, topic:142ā€]
if someone wanted to quickly grab something from one document and then return to the previous one, it might be a bit annoying to have to go back and zoom in.[/quote]

Oh yeah, absolutely; to clarify, I was expecting to be zoomed back out when I navigate to document X when I am already in document X, which is what you mention here:

1 Like

I see, so it only happens when youā€™re already in that document. That makes sense!

1 Like

Hi @Yatharth_Agarwal, so for digging this up, cleaning up bugs before New Year :slight_smile:

So the last zoom location is saved for each document, which resulted in this bug. Why not use the back button, by the way?

Because itā€™s not a single step back to root! Iā€™m sometimes deep, deep into documentsā€”you can relate. It takes time, and I canā€™t jump to root without thinkingā€”it makes my mental memory ā€˜swapā€™ (to all normal people: apologies for the awfully computational analogy).

Also, speaking of the back button, if I can zoom straight to root, I can hit back to go back to exactly where I was workingā€”which is a very common scenario. Example, I have a To Do item at root I update, or I need to access a link I store in the note of the root, so I want to briefly jump to root and go back.

Iā€™m assuming you want to stay on the keyboard for this? Otherwise you could click/tap on the breadcrumb.

Exactly! Navigating Dynalist is quite a keyboard-only activity for me.

I see. The bug has been tracked and we will fix it as soon as we can! Thanks again for letting us know.

Should be fixed now, @Yatharth_Agarwal, thanks again for reporting!

@Yatharth_Agarwal: could you confirm please?

Works now; awesome!

1 Like

Thanks for confirming!