Win Desktop: Non-ASCII in file path in local file/folder link doesn't work

Steps to reproduce

If you link local file/folder to Dynalist that contains non-ASCII character, the link doesn’t work.

Expected result

If you click the link it should either open the file or the folder but nothing happens.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Thanks for catching this!

We have tracked this bug on our todo list, and will fix it as soon as we can! Thanks again for letting us know. I’ll update here when it’s fixed :slight_smile:

@YPark: could you confirm if it’s fixed now in the latest version (v1.1.2)? Thanks in advance!

Yes, now it works. Thanks.

It would be nicer if a drag and drop automatically creates markdown with the file name/path as I mentioned elsewhere. Upon the drag&drop, an option may pop up so that one can choose between local link and server upload.

Yeah, I see you’ve already posted another feature request about that.