Whats the current "Roadmap"?

since the most of features weve discussed seem to be postponed on to infinity, what are the actual real features youre working in ?

1 Like

Big picture wise, it’s the “Planned” and “In progress” lists here: https://trello.com/b/z0HxDPNo/dynalist-roadmap

We don’t list smaller things, because it’s unnecessary and counter-productive.

For example, search refactor and server caching optimization which we’re working on at the time are necessary to make Dynalist, but it needs to be explained in length and with great technical detail before users can understand how it can help. There are more internal work than you think, and there are things that need to be done (replying to support email, marketing, etc.) that you guys are not interested anyway.

I know you probably just want to know when your dream feature will come true or when the most annoying bug will be fixed, but the short answer is that we don’t know either. Priorities change dynamically all the time.

In summary, please trust our judegement and use the Trello list as a high-level roadmap.

Just curious, are you posting because you want to know what we’re working on or do you think we’re moving too slowly? Thanks.

EDIT: In case you didn’t know, we’re a team of 2 so taking care of everything already takes up a lot of our time (including to replying forum posts like this), and making sure everything we’re working on is posted on the roadmap is extra work we need to do. Working with really limited resources here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You’re doing a fantastic job Erica. Keep the focus and don’t try to do too much too quickly. You’ve already achieved a phenomenal feature set in such a short time. Reliability is just as important as new features when software becomes indispensable - which is the case with Dynalist.

5 Likes

Just wanted to say, Erica, that considering your resources, you’re doing an amazing job!

Actually, even if you had a lot more resources, the job you’re doing is still amazing.

WorkFlowy used to be my go to, but they are nothing in comparison to you guys.

Keep it up, I’m impressed!

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, Stian! That means a lot to us. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I’ve send some feedbacks and bug reports to you and you replied to me quickly, indeed.
However, you fix nothing and recently I receive no response from you.
I don’t feel like sending feedbacks any more because it doesn’t seems to be helpful to you.

Anyway, still Dynalist is useful.
Thank you.

Hi YK,

We’re on semi-vacation recently, so sorry for the later-than-usual responses. I remember your mac shortcut issue, and we had discussed the issue over long conversations.

Unfortunately the issue is tricky to debug (plus because of the language issue we can’t understand each other very well), we haven’t been able to reproduce the bug. We have sent you a reply, hopefully we can sort it out this time.