What top 5 features/things would make you Dynalist more?

1. Email to Dynalist
  2. Search and Replace text
2 Likes

This!

1. Native iOS app (or at least something that feels like it, with feature parity to desktop)
  2. Search and Replace
  3. Cloning
  4. Greatly improved document management
  5. List recently edited documents in tab
1 Like

1. Dual/Multi-pane Support This would boost my productivity exponentially since I spend a lot of time moving items to different sections of my documents. Obviously then I’m assuming multi-pane support would provide the ability to drag an item/tree from one pane to another. Much faster and more precise than the ‘move to…’ function.

It’s nice to see that this is still the #2 most vote-getting feature request but not so nice to see that it’s been sitting on the roadmap for like 3 years now. Anybody that agrees with me, feel free to toss extra votes at it here: https://trello.com/c/N2ilb1oo/135-split-screen

2. Uncollapse items when new items are dragged onto it So, if I’ve got a collapsed tree with a ton of stuff under it and I want to drag a new item into that tree, I shouldn’t have to uncollapse it explicitly first - I should just be able to drag my item over the bullet and hover for a second and the list should auto-uncollapse. TBD if it would auto-close once done or just stay open.

3. Better tools for visualizing levels of the hierarchy Something I actually really like when forced to use Word’s outline mode - just give me some buttons at the top that let me show only (for example) 2 levels deep within the current document, etc.

4. Make item 1 better :slight_smile:

5. Spend more time on item 3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, you didn’t even have 5 requests! Very focused! :clap:

1. Have the lists scroll up or down when dragging an item to the top or bottom border of the screen. Currently manually reordering items in not very short lists is barely possible and the only deal breaker for me.

Alarms/Notifications based on time and place:

Notifications and alarms for due dates and times is the one key missing feature. But the one feature that would set you apart from the rest is to be able to be notified based om time AND/OR place.
At store? Remember all items in shoppinglist. In meeting at clients office? Remember these items.

Structure in tags:

I want to see all people or companies I have to follow up with without manually clicking on each and every one of the people tags or company tags. Or just see all office tags when I’m at the office.

@Contacts
@PersonA
@PersonB
@PersonC

@Companies
@CompanyA
@CompanyB
@CompanyC

#Officetasks
#PC
#Printer
#Rendering

1. Mobile multi-select
  2. Lossless sync between devices working concurrently. JP1’s 1. would fit.
  3. Basic tables
3 Likes

Second that. It would be a real boost.

1 Like
  1. Grouped or structured tag panel
  2. View to see how tags link to other tags. This would be powerful for my #todolist. as I could visually see how my actions relate to other tags (eg clients etc)
  3. The Tag Panel is good to view your tag data. the default view is just basic view. I found that if i wanted to see all the details on the tag I had to save a bookmark "ancestor: tag OR tag” for each tag. My wish here is that from Tag Panel you could just view basic or full details
  4. Sharing a link to a tag search. if i group some ideas on topic X i would like to share them