Weird OCD request ... disable the blinking cursor

I use a script to stop the cursor from blinking on other sites (namely, Google Docs), because I have an irrational hate for blinking cursors. And ticking clocks. You get the idea :slight_smile:

Without knowledge of how to make this kind of external script myself, I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that kind of thing.

@Matt_Groth?

Can you link me to the script you mentioned to disable the cursor in Google Docs from blinking?

Here it is:

I took a look at the CSS, unfortunately it only disables the “fake” cursor the Google Docs creates.

Any other script that you use on other websites…?

@Kamal_Patel

I also started to get distracted by my curser, but for me what really helped was curserceror. It can hide the curser at will or a set interval. I have mine set to a very low interval, so the moment I stop moving the curser it disappears. No regrets. Sorry if this doesn’t solve the blinking exactly. What exactly do you mean by blinking, anyway?

1 Like

Ah, I’m on PC, so looks like that won’t work.

By blinking, I just meaning the cursor appearing in a normal fashion (appears for a second, gone for a second, appears for a second …)

The Google Docs one is the only one I normally use – there is a chrome extension that doesn’t work for most sites:

I use Dynalist to take notes while another window is open (such as a video lecture), so that’s why the blinking is a bit more annoying for me personally.

This is a workaround. Use the following CSS and change the transparency of the cursor to 10% so it doesn’t appear that prominently. Hope it works!

If anyone finds another solution, please update here:

body {
      color:#000000;
        caret-color:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);

}
1 Like