• A cup
        • A Straw
    • A boat
    • The internet / electricity
    • All my mates
    • A house
    • A helicopter
  • Other content

Now, when Iā€™m zoomed into the top bullet (ā€˜5 things to take to a desert islandā€™), I might want to ā€œflattenā€ the entire list by selecting all and hitting shift-TAB twice. However, when I do this it will start to flatten up to the parent hierarchy, i.e. instead of

5 things to take to a desert island

• Drinking water
  • A cup
  • A Straw
  • A boat
  • All my mates
  • A house
  • A helicopter

it takes me up a level to the parent document and flattens everything up against that:

My INBOX

• 5 things to take to a desert island
  • Drinking water
  • A cup
    • A Straw
  • A boat
  • All my mates
  • A house
  • A helicopter
  • Other content

ā€¦ which is undesirable. Do others agree? Is it possible to prevent this happening (a la Workflowy)?

Cheers!

ā€” edited as per Ericaā€™s comments!

I understand your goal. I on the other hand most often do not want unindent to respect zoom level. I like the way it pulls items out and donā€™t need things automatically flattened.

Fair enough Alan. Unless the team are willing to introduce a toggle (like they do for unindenting in place), I would say weā€™ll have to disagree to agree on your use case :slight_smile: I would add that my only workaround is to move the note to itā€™s own document, flatten it then move it back. Pretty grim.

Hi John,

I understand your use case.

In the steps, do you mean pressing Shift+Tab twice to get to result you described? With one press ā€œA strawā€ shouldnā€™t be on the same level as ā€œDrinking waterā€. Or is it a formatting issue with Discourse?

In any case, I agree thereā€™s a difference in preferences, namely how isolated and separated you would like the zoomed in item to be.

To anyone reading this: please comment or like the original post if you feel the same.

Hey Erica, yes indeed thatā€™s what I meant to enter. I think Iā€™ve fixed the original post now!

Thanks! Now I think I totally understand what you meant.