Tag completion dialog pops up when you have the cursor in front of a tag, but you didn't just start typing the tag

Steps to reproduce

Move cursor in front of an existing tag.

Expected result

Nothing happens except the cursor is in front of a tag.

Actual result

The tag completion dialog pops up.

Environment

Windows 10 app

Additional information

This is inconsistent with the date picker, which doesnā€™t pop up just because you move the cursor in front of an !.

Additional comments

I want to add that this only seems to happen if I move the cursor in front of a tag using the keyboard. If I use the mouse move the cursor to the same location, the tag completion dialog doesnā€™t pop up.

Thanks for catching this!

We have tracked this bug on our todo list, and will fix it as soon as we can! Thanks again for letting us know. Iā€™ll update here when itā€™s fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems fixed now ā€“ I tried moving the cursor to right before the # and it didnā€™t trigger the auto-complete. After # did trigger it though.

Is it fixed?

Yes, but is it supposed to trigger autocomplete after #?

I this makes it harder to navigate for me, since if the autocomplete pops up, I canā€™t use the up and down arrow keys to navigate until I dismiss the autocomplete. To me, it would be easiest if autocomplete only popped up while Iā€™m typing, not while using the arrow keys to navigate, since it prevents the arrow keys from working normally.

So the autocomplete would only appear when you type characters and maybe backspace, but not left/right/home/end, is that right?

Yup! That would be a nice little modification for me at least.

Got it. Maybe you can edit the title to make it a bit more general? Right now it sounds like itā€™s only for the case where your cursor is right in front of the tag symbol. Iā€™m curious to know if anyone else shares this pain point :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I submitted it as a feature request here: Don't show tag completion when navigating with arrow keys

Thank you Mark!