Sync Help Failure

Steps to reproduce

Wifi disconnected on my computer.
Made some edits.
Top-right says in red Canā€™t sync.
After a while a notice pops up saying hasnā€™t synced for a while, click here to secure your data.

I clicked there.

Expected result

Iā€™m not sure what it should do, but hopefully it gives helpful advice or an offline save/backup option.

Actual result

The window advanced to a new address, tried (failed) to load that. I clicked back, and the dynalist URL also failed to load.
(Not surprising because offline.)

Environment

Windows 10
Google Chrome
newest versions.

Additional information

Was offline because of a network failure.

Additional comments

Also observed: When the Save Now button appears, (alternately with Canā€™t Sync) and I click it, nothing happens except the Canā€™t Sync immediately reappears. It does work if Iā€™m online but not very helpful when offline with Chrome.

In this case, before leaving the page when internet is lost, I advise you to Export your document.

After clicking this button you should be able to copy-paste the entirety of your file onto Notepad or similar. Then paste it back onto Dynalist after the WiFi comes back!

The window advanced to a new address, tried (failed) to load that. I clicked back, and the dynalist URL also failed to load.
(Not surprising because offline.)

Were you able to recover any variants of that document? If not, I can try to restore it for you if you PM me the documentā€™s name.

The document wasnt lost, it merely would not load while the internet was down. Possibly some edits never got uploaded as i left the page without syncing when i clicked on the not-so-helpful link in the popup message.

Addendum: Thaoā€™s reply missed the point of the bug.

The point is not that I need to follow a certain procedure. The point is that the software presents a bad dialog. It presents a link that redirects the current page to the website.

a) Thatā€™s useless if sync issues are because the website is down/inaccessible
b) It is a bug for ANY link - including this one - within the dynalist window to take me out of that dynalist window. It should create a new tab.

Nevertheless, thank you for pointing out the Exportā€¦ command. I wasnā€™t familiar with that because I donā€™t usually interact with the document pane much.