(Moved from Trello; you can vote for this feature and see past discussion at https://trello.com/c/vslYn5gN/19-possibly-pro-send-email-to-dynalist-to-add-items)
General description: this feature allows you to send (or often forward) an email to an email address generated by Dynalist, and the content of the email will be transferred to Dynalist.
We’re not huge users of this feature ourselves, so we have to ask for help from someone who needs it more! We’d greatly appreciate it if you can tell us your thoughts about any of these points:
- Is one document enough? Or should every document has its own email address? The advantages of being able to send to multiple documents is obvious, but if everyone can have only one email address, this can help making the email address a bit more friendly.
- How friendly does the email address need to be? Most mail clients allow you to add a name for an email address, and you’ll be able to search for that name.
- Should the new item be automatically added to the very end, or the beginning, or it’s up to you to choose?
- Should you be able to email things under an item instead a document too? (e.g. to “Todo” under the “GTD” document. If the 1st level items in a document are all categories like “Todo”, “Done”, “Someday”, it doesn’t really make sense to add new items here.)
- How should the content of the email be transferred to the newly created item? A straightforward way is to put the subject as the item title, and the body of the email into the note. Are we missing something important like sender email address or time?