Push Item to Top/Bottom

I have a feature request that would be useful to people.

Right now, I use Swap with previous / next to move items around. However, many times I’ll have a long list of items, and I would prefer to bump an item’s priority all the way to the top or bottom. (This is an action I did a lot when using other todo list managers.)

For example:

Mon

• Get Milk
  • Exercise

Tue

• Vacuum :point_down:
  • Exercise
  • Feed the Dog
  • Pick up Kid from School
  • … more items …
  • Water Plants
  • Do Laundry
  • Pick up John from Airport :point_up_2:
  • Cook Dinner

Wed

• Buy Groceries
  • Feed the Dog
  • Mow the Lawn

Let’s say I want to deprioritize Tue > Vacuum, and make Tue > Pick up John from Airport the highest priority item for Tue.

Mon

• Get Milk
  • Exercise

Tue

• Pick up John from Airport :point_up_2:
  • Exercise
  • Feed the Dog
  • Pick up Kid from School
  • … more items …
  • Water Plants
  • Do Laundry
  • Cook Dinner
  • Vacuum :point_down:

Wed

• Buy Groceries
  • Feed the Dog
  • Mow the Lawn

To do that, I would have to click and drag, or hit the shortcut key for Swap with previous / next a bunch of times until I move the items to their desired positions.

I wish there was a shortcut to Push item to top / bottom of its parent list. Maybe you can leave the shortcut unbound, so users can pick their favorite shortcut. It could even be a Pro-only feature. :slight_smile:

This would be a great way to help me manually reorganize my very long lists!

Best,
Ron

3 Likes

Haha, that’s pretty much the same thing, since non-Pro users wouldn’t be able to customize an unbound shortcut either.

Not sure how many others are interested in this, but here’s a workaround for now: if you invoke the “Move to” dialog and you’re able to find the parent in the list, it will send the item to top or bottom depending on your settings. The drawback is that it’s a bit slower and you can’t send an item to top and the next to the bottom… that setting needs to be changed.

2 Likes

Thanks Erica.

I’m aware of the workaround, but yes I cannot send to top and then send to bottom right after.

However, this means that implementing this feature would be super easy. :slight_smile: You can just call your moveToItem() function and have a flag decide whether it goes to the top or bottom. :wink:

Happy New Year!

2 Likes