Promote list to "sorted list" and sort by colors or alphabetical order

I saw this feature request in trello, under ā€œOther features and candidatesā€ with 16 votes

I would like this feature for everything I outlined here:

Basically, I propose the following:

1. Under list options, have a place to promote a ā€œlistā€ to a ā€œsorted listā€
  2. Have different options for sorting. Sort by color, sort by alphabetical order , descending or ascending order
  3. Have some sort of identifer that indicates the tag is a ā€œsorted listā€ and be able to quickly search through which ones were promtoed to ā€œsorted listā€

Whenever a new item is added as a bulletpoint in that ā€œsorted listā€, automatically apply sorting rules.

This would be really nice, if you have large wikis, and need to sort things in alphabetical order, or if you have a one list where you are applying different colors to prioritize which tasks need to be done.

Especially for sorting by colors, this would be something I would use everyday, since my task-management list is always constantly being updated all the time. Right now I have to adjust everything manually and move them to the right place (high priority tag colors like red sit near the top of the list, etc)

Ideally I would like to be able to specify which colors to prioritize as well near the top of the sorted list

9 Likes

Not sure why this isnā€™t higher up in the votes. I have a long list of my favorite websites (with tags for categroies) I like to keep track of. The list is too long now. When adding a new entry, my options are:

1. Add a new one out of order.

2. Take the time to find the right place. (This option takes me back to using a dictionary, having to figure out if Architizer, Archdaily, Archinect, or Architect Magazine should come first.)

I also notice that I add a lot of duplicates, because I canā€™t recall if I added them. If it was sorted alphabetically, I would be able to see much quicker that I added two entries.

Have you looked at the Powerpack from @Piotr. It has extensive sorting options.

ya piotrā€™s powerpack is awesome it has so many features and will take a awhile to learn