Option to collapse a bulletpoint from the bottom of its list

Alt + Up/Alt-Down donā€™t seem to be bound to anything and I donā€™t think itā€™s a universal command for anything.
Alt or Cmd + PageUp also seem like viable alternatives.
Really missing a shortcut to collapse to parent :slight_smile:

Donā€™t worry, weā€™ll add this soon! You will be able to customize your own.

Alt+Up/Down looks safe, but weā€™ve had lots of experience where we thought a shortcut is safe but it turns out to be an annoyance for certain operating systems or browsers. We learned the best way is just to leave the advanced shortcuts empty for customization.

First of all, I like this feature; in particular as a keyboard shortcut.

When Iā€™m editing lots of text using the keyboard, I like to use Dynalist like a text editor (VSCode, Atom.io, Emacs). So Iā€™m especially grateful for any shortcuts that allow me to navigate without leaving the keyboard.
And being able to collapse the current list to its parent would be useful. Thank you guys!

I agree that such a shortcut would be advanced and not everyone would use it. I think it is a clever option to leave advanced shortcuts empty as default. So we get those sweet shortcut options without fighting over defaults.

2 Likes

Exactly!

Any updates on this one? :slight_smile:

1 Like

In general I like the idea but I am concerned on mobile that the current left margin select will conflict finger wise with the bullet line click.