On iOS mobile app, editing a line of text is slow and onscreen keyboard reloads each time

Steps to reproduce

Using the latest iOS app on iPhone or iPad, tap in a (existing) line of text and try to edit it. When you tap on a different line, it takes about 6 seconds for you to be able to type a character (about 3 seconds until the insertion point appears and then 3 more seconds before I can type). I see the online keyboard flashing as if it is being redrawn or reloaded.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

When I edit an outline with exactly the same entries using a different iOS outliner (CarbonFin Outliner), it takes only about a half second to be able to start editing a new line, so it is about 10 times faster than the same action in Dynalist. With CarbonFin, it does not flash/reload the keyboard when I tap to edit a different line. Try CarbonFin and you will see what I mean (of course CarbonFin has been on iOS for 10 years and has had time to mature and become polished). Overall Dynalist has a lot more features than CarbonFin, but Dynalist is just too sluggish on mobile at this time. Iā€™m guessing that maybe you are reloading the keyboard unnecessarily and that is slowing things down.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

When you tap on a different (existing) line, it takes about 6 seconds for you to be able to type a character (about 3 seconds until the insertion point appears and then 3 more seconds before I can type). I see the online keyboard flashing as if it is being redrawn or reloaded.

It is even slower if I use a non-default onscreen keyboard (not Appleā€™s).

There are some bugs in Dynalist if a 3rd party onscreen iOS keyboard is larger than Appleā€™s default keyboard, the insertion point often ends up on top of the keyboard in this case.

Also on iOS, when I scroll the insertion point I-beam doesnā€™t stay with the text it is associated with, it just hovers somewhere on the screen.

Environment

iOS latest version of Dynalist (on iPhone or iPad).

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

I would really like to move away from CarbonFin Outliner on iOS and eventually use only Dynalist for all my lists because of Dynalistā€™s support of tags. Unfortunately, Dynalist is too slow on iOS to make it practical if I need to edit the outline, and the keyboard reloading makes it unpleasant. Dynalist works perfectly on the desktop/web, I donā€™t have any performance issues there and it is very snappy.