New Mobile App Share Extension Doesn't Seem to Work With Chrome

Steps to reproduce

Open Chrome app on iPhone 6s. Open a webpage. Click the option to ā€œshareā€ and select Dynalist from the share options. Type in a description for your link in the dialogue box that appears.

Expected result

The URL and description gets clipped to my Dynalist inbox

Actual result

Dynalist app tries to launch, then crashes, I end up on the iOS home screen

Environment

iOS (latest). Chrome app (latest). Dynalist mobile app = latest (app store shows it updated last on 14th December which I assume is the latest version. There are no new updates I can see on the app store)

1 Like

Hi @Daryl_Mander,

Would Dynalist crash if you start it normally? Or does it only crash when sharing to inbox? Trying to pinpoint if itā€™s related. Thanks!

Dynalist works fine when I start it normally. And, I successfully used the Share extension from Apple Notes app, it successfully clipped something from my Notes app into Dynalist. Itā€™s just seems to happen with Chrome, I tried two different web pages a total of maybe 4 or 5 times, every time from Chrome clipping webpages this happened. I havenā€™t tried any other apps, only Chrome and Apple Notes.

ā€‹Sorry for the late reply due to the holidays!

I was able to further pinpoint this bug.

Looks like itā€™s because in Apple Notes you were sharing text, but in Chrome youā€™re sharing a webpage.

I tried selecting some text in Chrome and sharing it to Dynalist and it works. On the other hand, I tried sharing a webpage to Dynalist in Safari and that worked. So it looks like thereā€™s something different about how Chrome shares a webpage.

This bug has been tracked and we will fix it as soon as we can! Thanks again for letting us know.

1 Like

@Daryl_Mander: This should be fixed in the latest versions (v1.2.0), could you please confirm when you have time? Thanks in advance!