Locate file in "My Files"

Would be great if there is a feature to focus the active/open file in the “My Files” view so that

• the file gets highlighted (current implementation)
  • the path to the file is expanded
  • the scroll position is updated

Visual Studio has a similar feature called “Sync with Active Document” which does pretty much the same.

2 Likes

That would indeed be nice. Though it would be hard not to confuse users with this feature and the Ctrl+O file switcher that actually jumps to a document…

Well, from experiences with Visual Studio and other tools with hundreds of features I don’t think that this would be a problem (given the UX is done right :-)).
But if you are unsure you might want to introduce it as an experimental feature to be enabled explicitly. Together with Analytics you will know if people use/like it or not before deciding to enable it by default. Just as idea.

“Sync with active document” sounds confusing to me, but maybe that’s just me. Maybe a better name will make it less confusing.

Sure, naming of stuff in Microsoft products has always to be taken with care :wink: Other potential names “Find in File Browser”, “Scroll to File”, etc.

1 Like

“Scroll to file” sounds intuitive.

What is the status of this feature request?
What needs to be done in order to bring it onto your roadmap on Trello? I have more and more folders and files and it becomes increasingly difficult to navigate to a certain file without such a feature. While Ctrl-O does open the file in the content view, the folders in the “My files” remain collapsed.
Would really appreciate if this feature becomes reality. Please… :wink:

Unfortunately, the status is still waiting to be implemented :frowning:

This is part of the feature request on the roadmap: https://trello.com/c/NhZ3hvpj/106-better-document-folder-manipulation

Ah, got it - thanks. Voted for it…

1 Like