List not reordering on my android, but I have updated the list on the web

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.

I am also doing labelling at the same time. I move tasks around and group them together, and then I label them with colours to make it easier to see the grouping. I did all this on the web, but my android still has the old order even after a refresh.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Two quick questions:

1. Does the web app say “Synced” in the top right corner?
  2. Does the phone has internet? If it is not connected to Wi-Fi, is “Use Wi-Fi only” option enabled?

Thanks!

This problem comes and goes… Next time it bothers me I will try and report again with specifics.

So my Day plan should be underneath my week plan on the mobile app. The web app is good, and it is where I do most of my data entry. I just want to be able to see it in the right order on my phone. As you can see, it is saying it is synced, and I think the words are synced, just not the order.

yes, just to confirm. The tasks are all entered, but the order of some of the tasks isn’t matching. They both (mob and laptop) have internet.

Hope this helps figure it out… it is pretty annoying as the re-ordering of tasks is one of the things that makes dynalist superior to many other task apps.

More testing. If I move the order of the task in dynalist using the webapp, then the mobile app refreshed that task only.

I am experiencing the same problem now. I primarily use the Windows app and sort my items alphabetically there. My Android app syncs with the Window app in terms of the content of the items but not the order, it appears in a seemingly random order on my Android phone.

This is a deal-breaker for my paid subscription. Is there a known workaround?

Hi @Martin_Frank, really sorry about the late reply and how it fell through the cracks somehow.

I think this issue should be fixed in the latest desktop app, as in it shouldn’t happen any more, but the order inconsistencies in the past aren’t automatically fixed.

To fix that, please follow the following steps:

1. Make sure the data on your mobile app is backed up (you can export it);
  2. Close the app;
  3. Clear the app cache in Settings - Storage - Other apps - Dynalist - Delete storage.
  4. Restart the app.

Sorry again!