Steps to reproduce
- Click an item and then hit Cmd-O, observe quick open window is shown
- Click into the filter textbox and hit Cmd-O, observe default browser File Open dialog is shown
DL handles all expected keyboard shortcuts regardless of which part of the app has focus.
Only browser recognizes keyboard shortcuts.
Firefox 57.0, macOS 10.13.1
I first thought this bug was only about filter and Show/Hide completed items toggle, where this bug burns me daily. I.e.,
- Have completed items hidden
- Enter filter query that I know has a completed item results
- No results observed, as expected
- Hit keyboard shortcut to toggle showing hidden items, but nothing happens. Have to manually hit icon, or get out of filter textbox.
But now I realize all (or at least most) shortcuts don’t work while textbox has focus (except for Esc I guess). E.g., notes toggle (Cmd-Shift-N for me) reopens last closed window etc.
Workflowy has no problem responding to keyboard shortcuts in its filter box, can you please copy its behavior? Here’s me hitting Cmd-O (which is its show/hide toggle) while in textbox.