Is the ability to copy hyperlinks dependent on the website?

When I copy text from another website, I usually have to hyperlink-ify the text again. However, on some website, such as new sites, I believe that they incorporate a way for you to copy the formatting of the text.

1 Like

Hi @JP1,

Sorry for the late reply - this should work now, can you give it a try?

(It didn’t work at the time of your post, we recently added it.)

This works so far! Thank you! This will save me so much time.

1 Like

Hi @Erica,

Can you try to see why it won’t work for this page? https://telegram.org/privacy

Thank you.

Are you copying a paragraph on this page? Or the link you posted (https://telegram.org/privacy)?

I’m copying a paragraph on the page.

Which paragraph, specially? I’m guessing it’s one with links, but there are several of them that have links.

I’ve tested all three right now (e.g. the first and second to last ones) and none of them are pasted with the hyperlinks they include, into Dynalist.

Ok got it. We’ll take a look.

1 Like

Thank you so much! #20char

I’ve tested it a bit more on other pages, and it appears that you get varied results based on how selectively you highlight things.

The page that I’ve linked to works fine, with one exception. When pasting into a bullet’s note, it won’t include the hyperlinks. However, if I paste it into a bullet point and copy it from there and into the note, it works fine, fwiw.

Thanks so much for fixing this.

1 Like

I can’t seem to paste text with links from google docs.

I’m not sure if this was the case in the past, or if using a different computer changes things, but is there some way around this?

Just tested, seems to work fine for me, the link is converted to the Markdown format.

What’s the example that you tested? Could you paste it here and let me know what you see? (If it’s not confidential)

The below comes up twice:

Paste Event
types: 3 types
type: text/plain
Studies of ALA metabolism
type: text/html

Studies of ALA metabolism type: application/x-vnd.google-docs-document-slice-clip+wrapped {"dih":470989260,"data":"{\"resolved\":{\"dsl_spacers\":\"Studies of ALA metabolism \",\"dsl_styleslices\":[{\"stsl_type\":\"autogen\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"cell\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"column_sector\",\"stsl_trailing\":{\"css_cols\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}},\"css_lb\":false,\"css_ltr\":true},\"stsl_trailingType\":\"column_sector\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"comment\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"cs_cids\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[\"kix.r2fjljxu70t5\"]}}},null,null,null,null,null,null,{\"cs_cids\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}}}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"date_time\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"document\",\"stsl_leading\":{\"ds_b\":{\"bg_c\":null},\"ds_fi\":null,\"ds_hi\":null,\"ds_epfi\":null,\"ds_ephi\":null,\"ds_uephf\":false,\"ds_fpfi\":null,\"ds_fphi\":null,\"ds_ufphf\":false,\"ds_pnsi\":1,\"ds_mb\":72,\"ds_ml\":72,\"ds_mr\":72,\"ds_mt\":72,\"ds_ph\":792,\"ds_pw\":612,\"ds_rtd\":\"\"},\"stsl_leadingType\":\"document\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"equation\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"equation_function\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"footnote\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"headings\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"horizontal_rule\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"import_warnings\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"iws_iwids\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}}}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"language\",\"stsl_trailing\":{\"lgs_l\":\"en\"},\"stsl_trailingType\":\"language\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"link\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"lnks_link\":null},null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,{\"lnks_link\":{\"lnk_type\":0,\"ulnk_url\":\"https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15075703\"}},null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,{\"lnks_link\":null}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"list\",\"stsl_trailing\":{\"ls_nest\":1,\"ls_id\":\"kix.5r4moq4anfww\",\"ls_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":true,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":false,\"ts_fs_i\":false,\"ts_ff_i\":false,\"ts_it_i\":false,\"ts_sc_i\":false,\"ts_st_i\":false,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":false,\"ts_bgc2_i\":false,\"ts_fgc2_i\":false}},\"stsl_trailingType\":\"list\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"named_range\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"nrs_ei\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}}}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"paragraph\",\"stsl_trailing\":{\"ps_al\":0,\"ps_awao\":true,\"ps_sd\":null,\"ps_bbtw\":null,\"ps_bb\":null,\"ps_bl\":null,\"ps_br\":null,\"ps_bt\":null,\"ps_hd\":0,\"ps_hdid\":\"\",\"ps_ifl\":54,\"ps_il\":72,\"ps_ir\":0,\"ps_klt\":false,\"ps_kwn\":false,\"ps_ltr\":true,\"ps_ls\":1.2,\"ps_sm\":1,\"ps_sa\":6,\"ps_sb\":6,\"ps_al_i\":false,\"ps_awao_i\":false,\"ps_sd_i\":false,\"ps_bbtw_i\":false,\"ps_bb_i\":false,\"ps_bl_i\":false,\"ps_br_i\":false,\"ps_bt_i\":false,\"ps_ifl_i\":false,\"ps_il_i\":false,\"ps_ir_i\":false,\"ps_klt_i\":false,\"ps_kwn_i\":false,\"ps_ls_i\":false,\"ps_rd\":\"\",\"ps_sm_i\":false,\"ps_sa_i\":false,\"ps_sb_i\":false,\"ps_shd\":false,\"ps_ts\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}}},\"stsl_trailingType\":\"paragraph\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"row\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"suppress_feature\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"sfs_sst\":false}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"tbl\",\"stsl_styles\":[]},{\"stsl_type\":\"text\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":false,\"ts_fs_i\":false,\"ts_ff_i\":false,\"ts_it_i\":false,\"ts_sc_i\":false,\"ts_st_i\":false,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":false,\"ts_bgc2_i\":false,\"ts_fgc2_i\":false},null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":true,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#1155cc\"},\"ts_bd_i\":false,\"ts_fs_i\":false,\"ts_ff_i\":false,\"ts_it_i\":false,\"ts_sc_i\":false,\"ts_st_i\":false,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":false,\"ts_bgc2_i\":false,\"ts_fgc2_i\":false},null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":false,\"ts_fs_i\":false,\"ts_ff_i\":false,\"ts_it_i\":false,\"ts_sc_i\":false,\"ts_st_i\":false,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":false,\"ts_bgc2_i\":false,\"ts_fgc2_i\":false}]}],\"dsl_metastyleslices\":[{\"stsl_type\":\"composing_decoration\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"cd_u\":false,\"cd_bgc\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null}}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"composing_region\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"cr_c\":false}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"draft_comment\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"dcs_cids\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}}}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"ignore_word\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"iwos_i\":false}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"revision_diff\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"revdiff_dt\":0,\"revdiff_a\":\"\",\"revdiff_aid\":\"\"}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"smart_todo\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"sts_cid\":null,\"sts_ot\":null,\"sts_hi\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}},\"sts_pa\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}}}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"spellcheck\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"sc_ow\":null,\"sc_sl\":null,\"sc_sugg\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}}}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"voice_corrections\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"vcs_c\":{\"cv\":{\"op\":\"set\",\"opValue\":[]}}}]},{\"stsl_type\":\"voice_dotted_span\",\"stsl_styles\":[{\"vdss_p\":null}]}],\"dsl_suggestedinsertions\":{\"sgsl_sugg\":[[]]},\"dsl_suggesteddeletions\":{\"sgsl_sugg\":[[]]},\"dsl_entitypositionmap\":{},\"dsl_entitymap\":{\"kix.5r4moq4anfww\":{\"le_nb\":{\"nl_0\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":18,\"b_il\":36,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%0\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{10146}\"},\"nl_1\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":54,\"b_il\":72,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%1\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{9675}\"},\"nl_2\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":90,\"b_il\":108,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%2\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{9632}\"},\"nl_3\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":126,\"b_il\":144,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%3\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{9679}\"},\"nl_4\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":162,\"b_il\":180,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%4\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{9675}\"},\"nl_5\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":198,\"b_il\":216,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%5\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{9632}\"},\"nl_6\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":234,\"b_il\":252,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%6\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{9679}\"},\"nl_7\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":270,\"b_il\":288,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%7\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{9675}\"},\"nl_8\":{\"b_a\":0,\"b_ifl\":306,\"b_il\":324,\"b_gt\":9,\"b_sn\":1,\"b_ts\":{\"ts_bd\":false,\"ts_fs\":11,\"ts_ff\":\"Arial\",\"ts_it\":false,\"ts_sc\":false,\"ts_st\":false,\"ts_tw\":400,\"ts_un\":false,\"ts_va\":\"nor\",\"ts_bgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":null},\"ts_fgc2\":{\"clr_type\":0,\"hclr_color\":\"#000000\"},\"ts_bd_i\":true,\"ts_fs_i\":true,\"ts_ff_i\":true,\"ts_it_i\":true,\"ts_sc_i\":true,\"ts_st_i\":true,\"ts_un_i\":false,\"ts_va_i\":true,\"ts_bgc2_i\":true,\"ts_fgc2_i\":true},\"b_gf\":\"%8\",\"b_gs\":\"\u{9632}\"}}}},\"dsl_entitytypemap\":{\"kix.5r4moq4anfww\":\"list\"},\"dsl_relateddocslices\":{}},\"autotext_content\":{}}","edi":"KWS7SowoQBRUZqtDF0B6ZaFdmK3XtTjUtW4a_6u5XNSLh9QHPI2I9liWNUShm9YVKVAxV0qfHBhiMEYLsu_rJuJHwhjeq-2RZLbI4ddEnnZ5","dct":"kix"}

Ah, I can repro now. I think it was working before and somehow got broken.

Add our to-fix list and will update here!

Excellent, thanks!

I got a patch ready and it will be deployed soon!

2 Likes

Looks like it works now, thanks!

1 Like