iOS empty screens reference Windows-only keyboard shortcuts

Steps to reproduce

• Open up app after itā€™s not in background, which starts the process of loading a long document
  • Incorrect Windows-only keyboard shortcuts are displayed in screen while data is loaded, such Ctrl-O and Ctrl-Z. This is obviously impossible to ā€œpressā€ on an iPhone.

Expected result

• Expect to see tips appropriate to iOS

Environment

iOS 11.2, latest Dynalist

Additional information

Ctrl-Z:

Ctrl-O:

I agree about Ctrl+O, since itā€™s an instruction on a static page, which we expect the user to follow, weā€™ll fix that.

Regarding Ctrl+Z, I think itā€™s fine. Itā€™s reasonable to us to expect that the user might use web/desktop to make the best of Dynalist? We can add that bit of clarification (ā€œuse Ctrl+Z on web or desktopā€) to make it clearer.

1 Like

Another one that Iā€™ve seen is Ctrl-Shift-M I believe, but didnā€™t capture screenshot of that one.

Itā€™s up to you if you only want to add clarifying text about ā€œdesktopā€. But my desktop happens to be macOS, so Ctrl-Z is not even correct there. I think tips should be platform-specific, but if youā€™re going to show cross-platform tips, at least iOS users would be more interested in seeing Mac-specific shortcuts, not Windows.

Ok, Iā€™ll search the codebase for that one too.

1 Like