How to change a stylish template for DL

I know just enough to be dangerous w regards to CSS.

But I know what I like. And I don’t like how huge the line spacing is between parent outline levels under the Stylish template “dark and colorful.” (Using COMPACT theme under DL.)

How do I reduce that line spacing by about half? I tinkered w the code near the end of the style under “title” but it does not seem to have made any difference reducing line height, bottom margin etc.

So if anyone can help me tighten up this dark theme I really like–except for this and a few other aspects–I’d be most appreciative.

Baby steps.

It’s my theme, I need to see on a screenshot what exactly you want to change, I don’t understand it from your description.

Maybe you are talking about space between heading and normal text? You can modify it in this fragment
/************* HEADERS ****************/
.Node.is-heading > .Node-self {
margin-top: 15px;
margin-bottom: 15px;
}
.is-heading > .Node-children > .Node-childrenInner > .Node-outer:first-child > .is-heading > .Node-self {
margin-top: 5px;
}

The distance between Week and Monday and especially bw Monday and Tuesday etc.–not to be crowded but to be more compressed top to bottom. See screen shot.

I’m loving the look and feel, following your advice for implementing the style.

Maybe this post should be in the “Developer” category? I’m a bit confused too, but this is probably out of the scope of normal/average usage of Dynalist. Just a thought.

You can modify top and bottom margin of .Node.is-heading > .Node-self fragment from my previous post

try changing your list density and compactness if you hadn’t already

Yep I did that, Vincent, but that does not seem to have a big visual impact on the display. No biggy, just thinking I’d learn something. Dinked around some in the HEADER area with lines spacing from 1.3 to 1.1 and maybe that helped. Piotr also suggested turning off “show document borders” which I have done.