How do you stay up-to-date on collaborators' edits?

I have had this conversation a few times:

A: What did you think of such-and-such?
Me: What is such-and-such?
A: What do you mean? It’s the thing I shared with you the other day!
Me: I don’t remember this.
A: It’s on our shared Dynalist!

I don’t seem to get any notification when a collaborator updates Dynalist, and don’t have a method to stay updated on all edits. What’s a simple, effective way to see all the changes collaborators have made?

2 Likes

Hmm, we can maybe display an orange dot or something over a document that’s modified by a collaborator when you haven’t checked it out.

To answer your question, if you already know changes have been made to a document, you can check it’s version history in the right click menu.

2 Likes

I see; some sort of notification like that dot idea would definitely help!

@Erica Hey, further to this - wouldn’t a notification list be simpler to implement than an orange dot?

I mean, especially considering there’s a version history?

Couldn’t you (kinda) print this and users that have these kind of head-scratching moments could breathe easy? Short step and a jump to notifications too.

I guess it depends on the use case. A notification list would be overwhelming is a document is constantly getting updated by multiple people, I guess?

I don’t think so, notifications are a universally standardised thing for apps.

Think: facebook, trello, instagram, twitter, slack, or this very forum.

Also mentioned here

Genuinely, it makes no sense not having notifications given that you do have shared lists. Notifications are fundamental for any similar functioning app.

This would be really helpful for the first step.