Hamburger menu disappears with narrow window

I often use the desktop app alongside another app on my MacBook. When they are aligned horizontally, with one on the left side of the screen and the other on the right, Dynalist works fine. However, when I have a text heavy app, like a PDF file, open it is often easier to work with the two windows aligned horizontally, so that I can see the text at full width in the PDF browser. When I do this, the hamburger menu disappears in Dynalist. Upon further inspection, it seems that when I narrow the window vertically, so that the window is screen width but less than half the screen height, the hamburger menus disappear. Actually, they disappear long before that as I start narrowing the window.

I suppose the reasoning for this is that the pop-up window can no longer appear in the screen because it is taller than the window? I wonder if there could be a condensed version of the pop-up that appears under such situations?

That’s one of the reasons. When the window is narrower than a certain width, the app essentially goes into the mobile layout, because of the same space limitations.

On mobile there’s the toolbar at the bottom, would that be sufficient? (I know it doesn’t appear on web/desktop right now, just asking if making it show up would suffice your need)

Also, I’d be interested to know which functionalities are you looking to use. If that functionality has an associated keyboard shortcut, that might solve your problem.

Yes, the solution used on mobile would be perfect. I am using the keyboard shortcuts, but to be honest, I have a really bad memory for keyboard shortcuts and so prefer to use menus. Thanks!

Hi @Kerim,

Sorry about the late reply!

We have tracked this on our todo list, and will fix it as soon as we can! Thanks again for letting us know. I’ll update here when it’s fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kerim: the mobile controls should be showing up in the narrow layout on mobile now. I hope that helps!