Empty space between lines

I think a feature for adding empty space(s) between lines can be significantly helpful. For fencing out the parts of a document.
Something like this:

• List item
  • List item
  • List item
    Empty space
  • List item
  • List item
  • List item

You can add a few blank lines in the note field of the last item in the upper section.

Or, for something more visible, add a color label to an empty bullet point to separate things.

Logically though, if you need this to separate two groups, it might be better to add two parent items (e.g. “First half of 2018” and “Second half of 2018”) and put each group under them. That’s the more “outliner-y” way in my opinion :slight_smile:

This is not the way it should look. Not pretty at all.

This image shows my idea in a better way. Much prettier than adding colors with empty bullets. And the space is not clickable.

Ok, that’s valid, from your previous example I didn’t consider that the last item might have child items.

But in your example, can’t you group Monday - Sunday under “Weekdays” and “ASAP” somewhere else? See the last paragraph of my last reply, thanks.

@Leonardo_Callie I have a similar use case to yours. And it seems very easy to solve your example without new functionality.

Current tasks v1

• ASAP!
    • ASAP1
    • ASAP2
  • Weekly tasks
    • Monday
      • Monday task 1
      • Monday task 2
    • Tuesday
    • etc

Another, even better solution, would be to use custom date representation (turn off “default” date format and use the one that has “day of week” present). Then you can actually remove one level or nesting and have something like:

Current tasks v2

• ASAP!
    • ASAP1
    • ASAP2
  • Weekly tasks
    • [Mon, 16 Jul] Monday task 1
    • [Mon, 16 Jul] Monday task 2
    • [Tue, 17 Jul] Tuesday task 1
    • [Tue, 17 Jul] Tuesday task 2
    • etc