๐Ÿ’Œ Email Digests - changes and items falling due

Hello Dyna-friends!

One of the only things I still miss from Workflowy is a daily digest of changes made to my account - i.e. on Dynalist this would provide details of new and updated nodes and documents in the last 24 hours.

As Dynalist wins over Workflowy in that it has Date tags, this functionality could be even more useful as it could also include items requiring attention today. An auto-generated To-do list if you like. Of course, the frequency need not be daily, it could even be a weekly digest but I think a daily digest would work best for my purposes.

I do hope youโ€™ll be able to consider implementing this, or similar in a future update.

Many thanks for the great program, best regards,

David

7 Likes

Hi Dyna-friend!

Many have requested this and weโ€™ll give it some serious thought! Thanks for the suggestion.

4 Likes

Thanks Erica, did this ever get considered for inclusion? Itโ€™s been a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suggested an API improvement that might help. It doesnโ€™t provide the email digest but could be combined with IFTTT or some other app to provide what youโ€™re looking for.

1 Like

Yes, and now that we have less stuff on our plate, this gets higher on our priority list.

The main reasons for delay are:

1. The server does not scan your data for anything right now, to implement this the server has to parse the edited time of each item, plus items with due dates; and
  2. Styling email is a pain.

But other than that I think itโ€™s a good feature candidate and is definitely useful for lots of people.

1 Like

Lovely stuff. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Iโ€™m sure it will be great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words!

I came here looking for this. I have a Dynalist document shared with a friend, which I update far more often than he thinks to check. Email notifications of changes, or email change summaries, would be a great way to keep him informed and active.