"Edited:" date search

I am a bit confused by the edited: dates search operator. The onscreen tip in the search box states:

edited:date range (e.g. 4d, -1w, 2m).

I have some problems:

1. The example given shows 2m, but how can one search into the future for an edit?
  2. The help says something about 24h not being same a 1d, so I would expect -1d to only show edits made yesterday. Is there a way to do that? I would like to review the changes made yesterday only, (similar to workflowy daily summary).
  3. Is there a way to search for a date range in the past for changes, e.g. previous week, or a particular date?

I think i may have found the solution :grinning::

edited:0d seems to be items edited today.
-edited:0d seems to be items not edited today.

Therefore -edited:0d edited:-1d gives the items edited yesterday.

Am I right?

It’s possible to search, but you won’t find any. It’s just our date range system for consistency ("-" means in the past and no “-” means in the future).

Not exactly. edited:-1d means since a day ago until now, so if you only want stuff from yesterday, you have to exclude today.

Theoretically that’s right. If it doesn’t work that way it might be a bug.

No directly, you’d have to do something like edited:-2w -edited:-1 to achieve it. Doesn’t support particular dates either right now.

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but can I request that a couple date search examples be added to the Search operators reference page? I wasted a bit of time finding these examples before I could figure out how I was getting the date search syntax wrong.

Not critical, but examples always help a lot. The syntax for date searching was troublesome for me.

1 Like

I see, thanks for the feedback.

Was the little graph at the end of the document helpful, at least?

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, the graph at the end was extremely helpful! I think I get the concept behind the date search.

I was just having trouble with the specific format for a DATE or DATE Range.

I think an example or two of specific DATE searches would make that clear.

1 Like