Disable "Copy to my Dynalist"

Hello :slight_smile:
I’m sharing publicly a document and the “Copy to my Dynalist” button appears at the top.
Is there a way to disable this?
Although I wouldn’t mind the branding, I don’t feel like letting specific documents being copied. I’d like it to be read-only + copy protected
Thanks!

There’s no way to disable “Copy to my document” at the time, really sorry about that.

One workaround if you’re running your own website though: embed it inside an iframe on your website and the header bar, including the “Copy to my document” button, will disappear.

Hi Erica,
Thanks for the fast reply :ok_hand:
The workaround you suggest is great and I’m using it. Unfortunately, it remains fairly easy to access the original Dynalist link and thereby to have the ability to copy the data.
Hopefully, that’s something you’ll consider for the future, among all the other things you already have in your plate :astonished: :sunglasses:

Unfortunately, if someone really wants to copy the data, they can almost always do it if they really really want to do it.

For example, even if we disable selecting and copying and right click menu, they can still take a screenshot and do an OCR to get the text content. All we can do is to add friction to deter the copying.

By the way, you may be interested in voting for this feature request on our roadmap: https://trello.com/c/VKb1WRfC/157-prevent-shared-document-from-being-copied-selected-or-printed

2 Likes