Date format doesn't apply in public shared docs

Steps to reproduce

I have a personnal date display format, and i share a document (view only, public access via link). For public viewer, format date come back to default format.

Expected result

I would keep my personnal date display format in public shared docs (my public is french and the default date format include english elements)

Environment

Windows, web on Chrome or Firefox

I see, good point.

We need to change things quite a lot to accomplish this though, since right now everyone only pulls their own settings/preferences, which is simple.

To accomplish what you’re describing, we need to make it possible for other people (including anonymous visitors) to have access to your preferences, and it’s possible that not everyone will like this idea.

I do like the idea though. We’ll see what we can come up with!

Hi @Fabrice, sorry for digging this up :grimacing:! We’re cleaning up the bugs and would like to know if I can move this to a feature request and close this bug?

This is not a bug per se since we never expect it to work like that. It’s more like a feature request.

Also, you might find this poll relevant: Should anonymous visitors use your view settings?