Date format doesn't apply in public shared docs

Steps to reproduce

I have a personnal date display format, and i share a document (view only, public access via link). For public viewer, format date come back to default format.

Expected result

I would keep my personnal date display format in public shared docs (my public is french and the default date format include english elements)

Environment

Windows, web on Chrome or Firefox

I see, good point.

We need to change things quite a lot to accomplish this though, since right now everyone only pulls their own settings/preferences, which is simple.

To accomplish what youā€™re describing, we need to make it possible for other people (including anonymous visitors) to have access to your preferences, and itā€™s possible that not everyone will like this idea.

I do like the idea though. Weā€™ll see what we can come up with!

Hi @Fabrice, sorry for digging this up :grimacing:! Weā€™re cleaning up the bugs and would like to know if I can move this to a feature request and close this bug?

This is not a bug per se since we never expect it to work like that. Itā€™s more like a feature request.

Also, you might find this poll relevant: Should anonymous visitors use your view settings?