Cyrillic (bold) vs normal (thin)

Steps to reproduce

Open dynalist.io type some Cyrillic.

Expected result

Consistent font style.

Actual result

Bold font of Cyrillic text or thin font of a normal text.

Environment

dynalist.io. Ubuntu 16.04.4, Firefox 60.0.1 (64-bit)

Additional information

Screenshot_2018-05-30_00-38-25

Our default font doesn’t contain Cyrillic, so a fallback system font was used, causing the inconsistent font appearance.

If you change font option to “System”, the issue should be alleviated.

The issue was much worse before (see: Cyrillic alphabet (russian letters) renders with broken broken formatting - letters are spaced too wide). After the fix, Cyrillic characters uses a fallback system font, so they look much better, but still slightly different from the default font.

Thank you. I’ve tested other fonts and only “Whitney” having problem with Cyrillic.

I see, we’ll consider adding Cyrillic fonts to the Whitney font.

One concern is that this will make the font file bigger, and makes the page slower to load. We’ll see what we can do!

Thanks for being so understanding.

It would be great if you can add that. I also like the Whitney font but the inconsistency is not pleasent to look at. I also have notes with mixed alphabets.

1 Like

+1 for this same issue. It’s a really, really wide display: https://cl.ly/28392773d4c4

Hello. Where is Russian font. It is still not working! And you want me to pay for such an ugly looking software??? No way!

just compare yourself = просто сравните сами

Looks fine to me. Can you show me what you’re seeing?

It looks like Russian Whitney font is indeed Whitney, but sizes are inconsistent.

In the picture is the example of intermingled Russian and English in Dynalist with Whitney samples with sizes to the left. It looks like default russian is 18px, and default English is like 16px or something like that. It is clearly seen how it doesn’t look great when two languages are mixed together. Could you please fix this?

You can try all of the russian+english fonts here if you have a Pro subscription. Paste the Custom CSS in.

For example, Roboto contains russian:

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css2?family=Roboto:wght@100&display=swap');

.Node{
font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;
}