Commenting

Similar to the Google Docs feature, this would give an additional sharing access level for people to view and comment, but not edit.

In many cases, I would be more comfortable sharing my lists in this way than allowing others to edit.

3 Likes

I just found out we didn’t add this feature request here. Here’s a link to the Trello card so that people can vote for it: https://trello.com/c/TPc7BAZS/139-add-comments-to-items

Thanks for posting this, @Matt_Groth!

1 Like

What would ‘comments’ look like? Just editing notes instead of items too?

I think they should look like google docs. Comments there are in their own pane, so the original document is not affected. Perhaps a little indicator somewhere on items that have comments. Also a search feature allowing us to see only items with comments would be awesome.

2 Likes

I’d love if commenting was implemented similarly to Quip:

1. A collapsible side panel with chat for the whole document
  2. In-line commenting

These two types of comments are very useful for contextual collaboration, so I don’t have to go searching round for whatever the person I’m talking to is referring to.

2 Likes

We weren’t thinking about this one, to be honest. Is Quip the only one that’s doing this?

Nah I’ve seen it on a few:

Samepage

Etherpad

Google Docs (sort of inbetween a side panel and inline)

Depending on how inline comments is implemented though it could cover the ‘document-wide’ chat panel use. E.g. an inline comment for the document title, and this comment left pane can then be accessed via bookmarks or somewhere prominent in a comment pane.

3 Likes

Thanks for the ideas. I think real-time document “chat” is taking collaboration a bit too far for what we have so far. I think we’ll implement inline comments first and see if that’s necessary.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@Erica Quire does this very well.

Has this been implemented yet? I have a full team of writers that would move to Dynalist in a heartbeat if it had a commenting feature. We now use Google Docs, because we have to be able to collaborate.

Please Add the Comments feature! It’s really relevant to me and my team!