Checklists' improvements

a) if you make a checklistā€¦every ā€œsonā€ of this list has a checklist too and this isnt good most of the times ā€¦ and you cant delete it. :disappointed_relieved:

b) if you make a checklistā€¦ every checked thing now has a big ugly line in the middle of the text . sometimes this works in checked items you want to forget, but sometimes difficults the view of the items :frowning:

could we have instead, when selecting a checklist , not making EVERY zoomed bullet-list as checklist too?
and the ability to check finished items without the need to mark the text with a line in the middle and graying it out?
:grinning:

2 Likes

See this feature request: https://trello.com/c/yoj6qb8o/75-force-item-to-not-have-checkbox

Only items that are directly checked have the strike-through line. Items that are checked because their parents are only grayed out. Hope that helps!

dont forget to implement the option please!
for example
I have a list with nested lists inside, which Dont need checklists too !! just the parent list
[]baba
ā€” 111
ā€” 22
ā€” 33
[]dada
[]nana

also, for example, I would need a checklist for a bullet list that Im working in.

[x] subject #001
ā€“subject is detailed in zoomed lists
[] subject #002
ā€“I still dont have detailed zoomed lists for this thematic
[x] subject #003
ā€“subject is detailed in zoomed lists

but I dont want to gray them out, nor strike-through then !! just mark them as completed, without decreasing em in importance, nor making em as less visible

Current behavior:
[x] sĢ¶uĢ¶bĢ¶jĢ¶eĢ¶cĢ¶tĢ¶ Ģ¶0Ģ¶0Ģ¶1Ģ¶
ā€“[x]detailed explanation grayed out
ā€“ [x] AND with check boxes that I
ā€“ [x] didnt request
[] subject 002
[x] sĢ¶uĢ¶bĢ¶jĢ¶eĢ¶cĢ¶tĢ¶ Ģ¶0Ģ¶0Ģ¶3
ā€“[x] so this happens :frowning:

Others have mentioned it before, maybe we can add an option in the future that does not grey out nor use strikethough for an item with checkbox.

2 Likes

I have been using checklists to separate tasks within lists. It is a problem that all the lists within the parent checklist are all forced to become ā€œtasksā€. I know this is on your radar, so this is just a bit of encouragement :smile:

2 Likes