Attach images in Android app

Please, please, please! Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mmm, it would be nice to attach a photo directly from camera also - this is so standard in other apps it’ll come eventually i’m sure :wink:

Yes, eventually!

Ideally it’ll be one of the icons in the sliding toolbar, and after tapping it you can choose a photo from your phone or take one on the spot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,

Is there any update on this please?

thanks a bunch

PS. Love the app and keep up the hardwork you guys are doing!!

Hi Brian,

Sorry no updates yet!

We’ll definitely take your input into consideration though. Stay tuned! We’ll make sure to post updates here once we have them :slight_smile:

Can you please consider implementing an Android share intent receiver for images as part of this, or even as an mvp on the way to this? this would allow any app to share an image into dynalist similar to how any app can currently share text into dynalist.

Would that open the file upload success dialog or send the image markdown directly into your inbox? That part is a bit unclear.

With a dedicated upload button the expectation is clear so you know you’re uploading it and not sending it to the inbox location.

Just match the existing flow when you share a piece of text or url to dynalist on android.

Text flow is:

1. Select text in other app
  2. Choose share
  3. Choose dynalist
  4. Dynalist opens, on “add to inbox screen”
  5. Hit OK, text added as bullet

image flow would be:

1. Choose image in other app
  2. Choose share
  3. Choose dynalist
  4. Dynalist opens, on “add to inbox screen”
  5. Hit OK, image uploaded (in background preferably)
  6. Image link added to inbox

Android can differentiate the type of object being shared, so you know which way to go after step 5.

Regarding “the expectation is clear so you know you’re uploading it and not sending it to the inbox location.”- you are uploading it and sending to the inbox location :smiley:

The value for this flow is that if you’re in another app, you can quickly grab a screenshot then share the screenshot into dynalist. I’ve hacked it up myself using tasker, autoshare, and a third party image uploader, and I use it all the time.

1 Like

I see! That totally makes sense.

You definitely made it clear that these two methods do no conflict. By the two methods I mean dedicated upload button and the share flow. One can choose whichever suits the scenario better.

1 Like

Love this idea, I use the “share” function in android constantly and it’s almost completely standard across most apps…

2 Likes

Hello
I’m surprised that there is no way in a list in the Android app to just insert an image.
It really broke the workflow when using it.
Thank you.