Android Beta app doesn't sync

Steps to reproduce

Start the app and open a document

Expected result

The items sync with web app changes

Actual result

Nothing happens. Tapping refresh doesnā€™t help. Closing and re-opening the app doesnā€™t help.

Environment

Android 7.1.2, Dynalist Beta

Additional information

Iā€™ve made changes on tens on items at the end of last week. All the changes are visible in the web app (on a computer), but the mobile app still shows the items as they were around 5 days ago.

Hi @uolot, whatā€™s the version of the Android app youā€™re using? Thanks.

Same for me. I use the latest beta version from the market.

Iā€™m using 1.1.13. However, it turned out, it was not a problem with the Android app.

Some time after I posted here, Iā€™ve been closing all tabs in my browser (on a computer), and the Dynalist tab kept asking my for confirmation, as it didnā€™t sync the changes. Iā€™ve been trying clicking ā€˜Sync nowā€™, but it didnā€™t work (like if it it wasnā€™t even a link, the mouse cursor didnā€™t change to a hand when hovering over it).

So, it was not a problem with mobile app not pulling the changes from the server, but with the web app no pushing them. The same happened yesterday on a different computer.

The browser is Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) in the first case (not sure for the yesterdayā€™s situation, I canā€™t access the other computer until evening today)

Itā€™s exactly the same problem as described here: Document not syncing

Iā€™m not using the Powerpack or Stylish, and I am on Linux.

@Shida please take a look at thisā€¦

Looking into the sync issuesā€¦ There has been multiple in the last few days and I was wondering if it had anything to do with the downtime we had a few days ago.

WTFā€¦ Right now as usual I got a message in the upper right corner about new version of the Dynalist, as usual I reloaded the page, butā€¦ All of my notes of the last few days disappeared. There is old notes only. In the yesterdayā€™s backup the same situation.
It seems like these days Dynalist wasnā€™t save anything to the serverā€¦
Damnā€¦

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that! Did you notice what the sync status was when you refresh the tab? And was there at least a pop-up dialog warned ā€œAre you sure you want to leave this site? The change you made may not be saveā€ when youā€™re about to refresh?

Again Iā€™m really sorry, investigating and fixing this problem as we speakā€¦

@sputnikk one more quick question, if I may: did you go offline during the past few days?

Erica, thanks for the reply. As far as I remember, there was some pop-up message like ā€œAre you sure you want to leave this site?ā€, but I didnā€™t take care of it due to the rush hour at work.
As for the being offline ā€” yes I was, because use Dynalist on my laptop (web version).
Anyway, despite very rare issuses like this Iā€™m extremely happy with Dynalist. Thanks for the developing!

Thanks for the kind words and being so understanding! :blush:

If at all possible, please use the desktop app to avoid any data losses while we havenā€™t fixed the root cause of this. Thanks!

Hi @uolot, sorry for digging this up :grimacing:! Weā€™re cleaning up the bugs and would like to know if the bug is still happening to you? If not weā€™ll close this bug :slight_smile:

Hi Erica. Sadly I canā€™t tell anything as I stopped using Dynalist shortly after posting the original post here, due to bugs, slowness and sloppy mobile app. As far I see the situation improved a lot, so Iā€™ll possibly reconsider getting back to using Dynalist soon :slight_smile:

1 Like