Android app. Keyboard is refreshed everytime i move to a different line

Steps to reproduce

Starting from scratch, what are the steps to make the bug happen? The fewer the steps, the better.
Redmi note 4, android 7. Dynalist app latest version.

1. Keyboard lags a bit before popping up.
  2. When i touch a different item in the list, the keyboard closes and reopens again,each time with a small lag.

Expected result

What do you expect to see after carrying out the steps above?
The keyboard should not lag.
Or at least it should stay open when i move around the list.

Actual result

Instead of the expected result, what happened?

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If you’re using a desktop or mobile app, what’s the version number of Dynalist?

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Tried it with SWIFTKEY Keyboard and GBOARD. they work fine in other apps. Issue only present in dynalist app.

Additional comments

1 Like

I can attest to Keyboard relaunching itself with item change, yes. But there is not much lag. For you, it might be because of the phone and not the app.

Possible, yes. But both the keyboards work fine everywhere else on the phone. So maybe it’s something the team could find and fix in dynalist app.

But more importantly, the constant opening and closing of keyboard makes using the app rapidly to enter tasks into inbox kind of a pain. Since that’s a key element of GTD, i thought the team should know.

You are of course right Sir. It kinda ruins the experience if the flow is broken, I get that. Always a step in the right direction if it is fixed.

I can file a new thread if that would be preferred, but this is happening in the iOS app as well (but not mobile web). Linking a quick screen recording (app version 1.1.22 on iPad iOS 11.1) https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjYKpnCxyJpV2D_SGLjGHRnKxkFa

can I make sure that the keyboard does not close at all? it seems to me so it will be more convenient.

Posting it in the same thread is fine, thanks for being so considerate! Also thanks a lot for the screen recording.

Quick question: I can’t tell how you’re navigating between the lines in the recording. Was it via an external keyboard?

Yeah that would be how we will fix it if we can repro this issue.

This bug has been tracked and we will fix it as soon as we can! Thanks again for letting us know.

I was just tapping on the different lines. No external keyboard, just vanilla iPad on iOS 11.1.

Thanks, I was able to repro the bug, although not consistently. Sometimes the keyboard remains.

It’s inconsistent in the sense that if you keep switching between item A and item B, sometimes the keyboard is refreshed and sometimes it’s not. Really odd, we’re looking into it.

1 Like

Can we just force the keyboard to be opened?

It’s not up to us, unfortunately. It’s all automatically decided by the system. When system thinks you’re writing, it will pop out the keyboard.

So the refreshing of the keyboard is likely due to the system thinking you stopped writing and resumed writing right away.

Yea… But Moo.do seem not to have the same problem. Do you have any idea why? (No offense, just brainstorming)

Not sure, we should have more clues after investigation and debugging. We can’t see their code, after all :wink:

@Robert_Johnson @Subhinay @Derek_Nordgren @Sergey_M:

This should be fixed in the latest versions (please refresh/reload the app to update), could you please confirm when you have time? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Can confirm the issue is fixed on redmi 5a, miui 9, with stock android keyboard and swiftkey. Will update about moto g5+ later today.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for confirming :slight_smile:

Fixed, Thank you. (arm, 7.1.1)

1 Like

Also working on moto g5+, 7.1.1

1 Like