After clicking on a link, cursor position is lost and focus goes to the scrollbar

Steps to reproduce

Place cursor somewhere in Dynalist, so that typing results in edits.

Click a link somewhere else in Dynalist.

Close the link and return to Dynalist.

Expected result

Cursor is still where it was before I clicked the link. Typing results in edits in the same location. Up and down arrow keys on the keyboard move the cursor up or down one item.

Actual result

Cursor has disappeared. Typing has no effect. Pressing up and down arrow keys on the keyboard scrolls the page.

Environment

Which operating system are you using? Which browser are you using? If youā€™re using a desktop or mobile app, whatā€™s the version number of Dynalist?

Windows 10, Windows App 1.0.47

Windows 10, Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional information

Anything else you think would help our investigation, like a screenshot or a log file? You can drag and drop screenshots to this box. For large amount of text, try putting them into something like Pastebin.

Additional comments

Not sure if this is a bug, this literally happens on all the webpages out there.

When you click somewhere, the cursor gets blurred, and I personally expect this. Example: search something up on Google, place cursor in search bar, middle click a result and then come back. The cursor is no longer in the search bar.

I mean itā€™s possible (might be quite tricky) to try to restore the cursor when you return, but like I said I donā€™t know if this should be considered a bug.

I guess I agree, maybe this is a feature request, then?

Sorry for the late reply!

Yeah, please open a separate feature request for this. Unless you want to edit it and move the topic over directly? Otherwise Iā€™ll be closing this.

Thanks! :slight_smile: