Add to Inbox via native Android app

Hey everyone,

I created an Android app with the new Dynalist API to add new items straight to your inbox. It’s native and blazingly fast! No more waiting for the Dynalist app to load.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.louiskirsch.quickdynalist

Let me know what you think & leave a rating in the play store if you like it for more visibility!

The dropdown menu currently only shows ‘Inbox’. I would like to extend it to all your bookmarks. But this functionality is not yet available through the API.

@Erica: I’m not sure about the branding & icon. If I should change it let me know.

Thanks! It’s a very good idea!

What about having two buttons “Save&Add New” and “Save&Close”?

Wouldn’t this be a security issue? You’d essentially have our API which means access to all our data?

No it’s not a security issue. It’s not me having access to your data. Only your phone. The API key is only stored on your phone. It’s similar to any other app you ‘authorized’ to access other accounts like Google, Facebook, Twitter etc.

That said, the current API seems
a) not allow to generate app-specific API keys that restrict the what data is accessible to the app
b) not to have expiry dates on the keys
c) not to have a nice login process

Thanks. It’s nice to have. I’ve linked it to a gesture on my screen to I can add to the inbox super quick. I do think it would be good to change the icon, as it can be confused with the Dynalist app.

I still use DynaWrite for saving links to the Inbox. They’ve just started updating their app to use the API.

I’ve tried to make an email trigger on IFTTT, which works find for subject, but note doesn’t work.

I changed the icon & added the possibility to add multiple items in sequence.

I still use DynaWrite for saving links to the Inbox

Essentially having a ‘Dynalist’ in the share menu that adds the link without any further interaction?

It looks good. Creative logo icon too!

As long as it’s clear it’s a third party app, we’re good :hugs:

The logo is great. I actually preferred it before when it added just one then disappeared. Could you have two buttons? Done & Another?

I will add a second button!

In general, I think it’s great if we make this project open source.
Contributions are very welcome.